Monday, February 10, 2014

It's raining cats and doges

So, just to get started here, I'd like to kick off with one of my favorite new Internet trends that's been taking a walk around my computer lately.  The doge meme has had a lot of articles written about it in its short life so far, some of my favorites herehere, and here.  I tend to pronounce "doge" [doj] or <dogue> as in Vogue, but just the fact that I'm writing about my common pronunciation shows how much it's wormed itself into my speech.  Great for denoting sarcasm, exaggeration, or being impressed. Some best-of-doge, in case you have been away from the internet for the last year: wow such doge and more doge wow.  While I could wax on about the grammar of doge, I'd rather let you throw the ball yourself here, where you can create your own doge memes. Don't say I didn't warn you, doge grammar is addictive.
Ratings: 7/10 (mostly because I can't stop using it) overall
9/10 for hilarity, 8.5/10 for cute factor, 9/10 for viral potential

No comments:

Post a Comment